Mumpreneurs, Ali Linz and Julie Tylman are revolutionising the way Australians are gifting with a website that takes the hassle out of collecting money for a group gift.
From weddings, farewells, baby showers, hen’s parties, weddings, leaving gifts to birthday’s, Group Together does it all. Over 10,000 Australians have used the online platform over the past 3 years and it’s growing. But that’s not all, Julie and Ali are also passionate about giving back and created the opportunity for a portion of the collected funds to be donated to charities and in doing so have raised over $100,000.
Take a listen to (or download for later) this dynamic duo talk about kids, business and how it’s not always roses.
Words of Wisdom
- Keep going – whenever you’re at the point where it feels hard, boring or you’re not sure you can do it, remind yourself to just keep going. It will pass.
- Follow your instincts.
- Give up perfection – even 80% is good enough most of the time and if you can do that, you’ll be a lot less stressed.
- Ask for help – get support and connect with others who can answer questions of lend an ear to listen.
- If you’re starting a business – launch the absolute simplest version of your product/service to get it out there, get feedback and to make sure you’re on the right track.
- Juggling family and business – decide what’s really important and do that.
- We all have days that are amazing and others that are not – there is always ebb and flow.
Find out more about Group Together
Tell us what you think…
We always love hearing from you and your thoughts about the interviews on Stand Out Radio. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.