Michelle Watson is the best-selling author of the book Overcome and Rise – How To Turn The Downside of Challenges into The Upside of Renewing Your Life, a Life Coach and award-winning speaker.
She grew up with her grandparents in Jamaica before returning to the United Kingdom, where she was born, at the age of 19.
Life changed dramatically for her then. She met and married her first husband and they had two beautiful children together. While everything outwardly appeared to be great, what was really going on was quite the opposite. Michelle was in the midst of an abusive relationship and was so detached from herself that at one point she believed her children would be better off without her.
Thankfully, Michelle was able to pull herself back from the brink when she realised that her son, who had been diagnosed with ADHD, needed her help and she found the inner strength to regain her strength and piece her life back together.
Today, she courageously shares her story in the hope that it may help someone else. In fact, it already has. Michelle has turned her pain into her passion and her business.
Her story is one of inspiration and she shows us the powerful transformation that happens when you choose to forgive and shift your attention away from what is and instead be true to yourself.
Michelle’s Words of Wisdom…
- Be true to yourself. The moment you start changing to fit in or please someone else is the moment you step out of alignment with who you really are.
- Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out – Dr Seuss
- Life is how you live it. Ask yourself these questions: 1. What is it that you are doing now? 2. Why is it that you’re doing it? 3. Why is it important to you?
- The thing that holds people back is their friend called fear. Doubt, procrastination, not enough time, not enough money etc are all the stories we tell ourselves and are just other words to describe fear.
- Possibility blindness is what prevents you from seeing your own possibilities.
- The greatest shift of all is when you choose to forgive.
Connect with Michelle
- Like and Follow Michelle on Facebook
- Discover Michelle’s website here
- Grab a FREE downloadable copy of Michelle’s book here
Tell us what you think…
Tell us what you think about this interview below in the comments.
Want weekly episodes delivered directly to your inbox? Click here to join Stand Out Women.