Moving with your young child to a new country away from family, friends and your career could be seen as a leap too far for some. For Wendy Wilson, however, she only had one choice and that was to follow the love of her life.
Starting a new life in Australia, after moving to the other side of the world was an exciting opportunity. But once the ‘newness’ feeling wore off, Wendy started to experience a deep loneliness that was heading down a path of depression.
At 4am one morning she had an epiphany, she knew the reason she was feeling like she did. She missed having women in her life. The very next day, she put an ad in the local paper ‘begging for friends’ and what happened next changed the course of her life for good.
Words of Wisdom
- Social connection with other women not only changes your life, it will change the life of those close to you
- Women having fun together and supporting each other is good for you
- When you find that thing you love, you will never work a day in your life
- There are times in our lives when we feel isolated, these are the times that we need to connect with other women the most.
- Find a group of like-minded women and they’ll save your sanity.
Connect with Wendy
Tell us what you think…
We always love hearing from you and your thoughts about the interviews on Stand Out Radio. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.